- The semiconductor industry is driven by Moore’s law, i.e. continuous scaling of design rules
- Standard Silicon technology can’t deliver this anymore and new materials are required
- Environmental concerns also encourage better efficiency (energy, material, processes)
The Altatech solution
The AltaCVD systems enable equivalent scaling and novel devices by giving access to a wide range of materials used in today’s and tomorrow’s electronics and microsystems industries.
New materials are only available under liquid or solid forms. AltaCDV enables the deposition from liquid precursors or from solutions of low vapor pressure materials or from solid precursors.
Examples of usable precursors
- N-C18H37Si(OCH3)3 : n-octadecyl trimethoxysilane
- Glycidil methacrylate
- n-C16H34 : n-hexadecane
- III/V precursors: TMGa, TMAl, Cp2Mg…
- Proprietary metallic precursors: Cupraselect™ (Cu), Chorus™ (Ru)
- ß-diketonates: Zr(tmhd)4, Dy(tmhd)3, Ba(tmhd)2, Bi(tmhd)3(LB), Al(acac)3, Fe(acac)3, Co(acac)3, Y(thd)3, Ru(tmhd)3, Sr(tmhd)2, Ta(OC2H5)4(acac), Pr(tmhd)3, Nb(tmhd)4, Mn(tmhd)3, Gd(tmhd)3, La(tmhd)3
- Alkoxides: Hf(mmp)2(OtBu)2, Zr(mmp)2(OtBu)2
- Others: (C6H7)(C8H12)Ir, proprietary Pt, Pd, Rh precursors
All precursors having similar vaporization temperatures to the above are also compatible.
Advanced revolutionary vaporizer
- Improved atomization, carrier gas blasting effect leads to smaller droplets:
- Classical LPI is 100 to 300µm
- HPDI is 6 to 60µm with max population at 22µm
- Altatech’s new LPI is 5 to 40µm with max population at 10µm
- Longer droplet residence time inside the vaporizer:
- Low liquid pressurization level (2 to 5 bar) enables low droplet velocity
- More time to vaporize before reaching the hot walls of the vaporizer
- Sequential or co-injection from 2 injection heads (up to 4):
- Capability for binary or higher order alloy deposition
- Capability for nano-laminates deposition
- Very small chamber volume ensuring extentability to atomic layer deposition.
- Resistive heater with ceramic cover and RF capability.
- Deposition temperature up to 650°C with 1% temperature uniformity and option for 850°C.
- Dual-channel showerhead available to avoid clogging or mixing of precursors and reactive gases before wafer surface.
- Showerhead temperature up to 250°C depending on precursor requirements.